New Client-server Products and CR3000 Support
LoggerNet 3.2 introduces support for the new CR3000 Micrologger® and two new LoggerNet products, LoggerNet Remote and LoggerNet Admin. Also included is an updated version of Real Time Monitoring and Control Software (RTMC 2.0, see page 7).
From its inception, LoggerNet used client-server architecture. Starting the Toolbar launches a server process that runs in the background to manage communications with various devices to all of our dataloggers. Client programs can then request data from the server’s “data cache” without having to contact the dataloggers, making it possible to distribute data to remote PCs without those PCs needing to contact the datalogger directly. The server typically writes data files to one its local drives, but remote clients on remote PCs can also contact the server to create remote data files.
Version 3.2 makes remote administration functions available for all Campbell Scientific datalogger users through LoggerNet Remote and LoggerNet Admin. LoggerNet Remote is used to administer the network from afar. It is installed on a remote PC with advanced version of clients, but does not include the LoggerNet server. LoggerNet Admin provides the LoggerNet server, clients, and the advanced clients.
Advanced clients included with LoggerNet Admin are:
- Security Manager—creates user names and passwords with different levels of access to the LoggerNet server and data logger network
- LoggerNet Server Monitor—monitors the state of remote servers
- Service Manager—installs and runs the LoggerNet server as a Windows service without the Toolbar open, for cases where the PC needs to run without someone logging onto it, such as after a power failure or in a secure room
- Data Export—provides a socket interface to a custom application used to automatically feed a database
- Hole Monitor—updates missing data in RF data advise networks
To update from earlier 3.x versions to LoggerNet 3.2, visit www.campbellsci. com/downloads. LoggerNet 3.2 users can upgrade to LoggerNet Admin at a lower price by purchasing a LoggerNet Remote license and installing it over their existing LoggerNet instance.
Owners of 2.x versions can migrate to LoggerNet Admin in a two-step process. First, upgrade your LoggerNet license at a discounted price to LoggerNet 3.2. Then, add a LoggerNet Remote license and install it over LoggerNet 3.2 to obtain the functionality available in LoggerNet Admin.
LoggerNet 1.x owners can install LoggerNet Admin 3.2 in parallel with their existing software to preserve the older networks until they become comfortable with the new screens and features.
During the install, LoggerNet 3.2 will offer to upgrade LoggerNet 2.x or PC400. Choosing to upgrade will remove the older installs, though you may have to update file and path names for your data files.
We recommend that users back up their networks regularly. LoggerNet 3.2 offers a useful option from the Setup Screen for creating a single backup file. This backup utility can be run while the server is operating and can also be triggered automatically through LoggerNet’s Task Master.
LoggerNet is not just for large networks. This new release brings “big network” power to every network.
- Introducing our new Micrologger : CR3000 replaces the CR23X
- Window to the World - PC Software
- Campbell Scientific VP Receives Distinction as Fellow of Agronomy Society
- VisualWeather 2.0: Added ease and flexibility
- LoggerNet 3.2
- Argos Satellite Transmitter
- LP02 Pyranometer
- CMP3 Pyranometer replaces the CM3
- Enclosure Door Switch
- WXT510 Weather Transmitter
- Sentek probes
- RTMC 2.0 now shipping
- Solar Panel and Regulator
- CD295 DataView II Display supports our CR200-series Dataloggers
- Voice Synthesized Modem Supports PakBus Dataloggers