Our new CS475, CS476, and CS477 water-level sensors are ideal for areas where submersed sensors can be damaged by corrosion, contamination, or flood-related debris. Manufactured by Ohmart/VEGA, the sensors feature:
- Low maintenance--no moving parts means significantly reduced maintenance cost and time.
- Rugged NEMA 4X enclosure suitable for outdoor installations
- Wide operating-temperature range
Radar sensors emit short microwave pulses and then measure the elapsed time between the emission and return of the pulses. The elapsed time measurement is used to calculate the distance between the sensor and the water surface. The distance value can then be used to determine depth. The sensors communicate with dataloggers via the SDI-12 protocol and output distance, stage, and diagnostic code.
The new sensors differ in their measurement range and accuracy. The CS475 measures up to 65 ft with an accuracy of ±0.2 in., the CS476 up to 98 ft with an accuracy of ±0.1 in., and the CS477 up to 230 ft with an accuracy of ±0.6 in.
- RF430-Series Spread-Spectrum Radios Offer USB
- New Radar Water-Level Sensors
- New pH Probe Uses Innovative Technology
- Featured Application: Vehicle Testing
- Updating to the Latest Datalogger Operating System
- Tips and Tricks: Short Cut
- RMA Process Modified
- Online Customer Center Upgrades
- Case Study: AgriMet Network
- Case Study: Lake Weather and Water in China