You can now perform most on-site communication tasks without a laptop
When visiting your field site, do you find it too cumbersome to use a laptop PC, but you need more power and capability than your keyboard/display can provide? Campbell Scientific can solve your dilemma using a Palm™ handheld. With our new PConnect software, you can perform almost any datalogger communication task—without a laptop.
PConnect is a straightforward program that is compatible with our CR510, CR10(X), 21X, CR23X, and CR7 dataloggers. On-site communication functions include:
- Setting the datalogger’s clock
- Transferring datalogger programs
- Monitoring real-time measurements
- •Setting input locations, ports, and flags
- Retrieving stored data
- Emulating a datalogger’s keyboard / display
PConnect requires a Palm, Inc. or 100% compatible handheld running Palm OS Version 3.3 or later (Handspring’s Visors currently not supported) and a Palm serial cable or cradle.
PConnect comes with a custom connector and conduit software that integrates with the Palm HotSync utility to transfer data between the Palm and a PC. PConnect tracks each datalogger station separately, including custom labels that you’ve entered for monitoring measurements. PConnect stores data internally in Campbell Scientific’s compressed binary format to save memory. A 2 Mbyte Palm handheld is suitable for collecting data from a few standard dataloggers, but you will probably want an 8 Mbyte handheld if you work with numerous dataloggers or dataloggers with extended memory. The HotSync conduit process converts the binary format to the more common comma-separated format used by most software packages.
Once the data is stored in your PC, you will be able to use PC208W to review your data and create reports.
- PConnect software: Palm PDA to datalogger
- DSP in electronic measurement instruments
- RF400: A license-free 900 MHz spread spectrum radio
- CSI offers OPC server for third-party SCADA
- PondView helps managers control, monitor remote aquaculture systems
- New lightweight charger ideal for worldwide use
- CR10X chosen for new Hukseflux TP02 system
- Epoxy encased CS547A probe replaces CS547
- Decade of strong sales leads to new Campbell Scientific Spain
- CS10 Current Transformer now available
- New COM210 telephone modems let you hear more
- CSI honored by local cycling club